Article by Grow Up Conference
Participants will learn about plant pests and pathogens that infect and devastate cannabis. Jeff Jones will discuss how to identify the different afflictions and learn about abatement strategies, with emphasis on prevention. Your questions will be answered in Q&A!
Presented by: Jeff Jones
Oaksterdam University’s Horticultural Instructor & Co-Founder”Oaksterdam”
Hosted by: Av Singh, PhD, PAg
Agronomist, Greenstar Plant Products
• Discover your limited options and the concept of “the least bad choice” when it comes to treating plants for P and P.
• Recognize: How and why the treatment and cure of a disease is often worse than the disease itself.
• Identify: Spider mites, aphids, thrips, powdery mildew, and botrytis. Oh my!
• Identify: How certain P and P can make cannabis flowers unsuitable for certain kinds of human consumption.
• Demonstrate: How to use a jewelers loop to examine leaf surfaces for P and P.
• Understand: The ways in which the reproduction strategies of P and P allow them to remain in a garden space even after the room is completely emptied of plants.
Duration: 1 Hour