Article by Tracy Curley, Twelve High Chicks
In previous posts I’ve shared a few edibles recipes and taught you how to infuse butter and oils, and alcohol. So this time I’m going to share with you one of my favourite secrets with the alcohol tincture: how to make a cannabis cocktail — a canna-cocktail!
There are a number of different ways to make a canna-cocktail. But the first thing you need to do is choose your cocktail, then the alcohol to make it (or infuse your favourite type of alcohol and discover new drinks!). Ideally you want an alcohol with a strong proof.
For my “Jamaican Reefertini” — a variation on the Rumpletini (which is itself a variation of the Appletini) — I prefer an overproof Jamaican rum carried by my local liquor store.
How to Make a Jamaican Reefertini Canna-Cocktail
- 1 part cannabis-infused rum (instructions for infusing alcohol)
- 1 ½ parts pressed apple cider (you can also use apple juice but cider presents as a better colour)
- 1 ½ parts Sour Apple Schnapps
- Cocktail shaker (or alternative)
- Martini glass
- Chill martini glass
- Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker
- Shake well for 5-10 seconds
- Strain into chilled martini glass