Hidden Valley Reserve Overview:
Based in the Toronto Area, Hidden Valley Reserve has made a name for itself in the last year by bringing an extensive range of unique and professionally extracted concentrates made from high-quality starter material and solvents to the Canadian market. Currently the company provides N-butane, live resin, Rick Simpson Oil and distillate extracts to dispensaries, wholesalers and MMAR/MMPR/ACMPR patients throughout the Ontario region.
Accessing Hidden Valley Reserve:
If you are not located in the GTA make sure to check out Hidden Valley Reserve on Instagram for new product updates and wholesale options.
Instagram: @HiddenValleyReserve (Wholesale Options Available)
Hidden Valley Reserve Pricing and Selection:
Hidden Valley Reserve offers concentrates ranging from 0.5g for $30.00 to 1g for $50 for their shatters. They also have a Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) and THC Distillate for $60 a gram. Hidden Valley also produces live resins that retail for $80.
Rockstar Shatter Smell, Texture and Taste:
Hidden Valley Reserve’s Rockstar shatter is a de-waxed N-butane extract made from Rockstar, an indica dominant hybrid cross between Rockbud and Sensi Star. In terms of strains, Rockstar is a relatively potent hybrid that delivers strong cerebral effects without any debilitating sedation.
On first glance the Rockstar Shatter appeared well made with no visible bubbles or auto-buddering going on within the oil. In addition, the extract was relatively stable with some slight give to it… just the way I like it!
As far as shatters go the Rockstar provided a pleasant dab with light aromatic notes of citrus and grape, while remaining relatively smooth with no off or gassy tastes.
At the end of the day I found the Rockstar Shatter to be a fairly enjoyable extract to dab – though for some patients who dab more often then others, a stronger medication such as Hidden Valley Reserve’s Distillate line may be a better option.
Rockstar Shatter Effects:
Shortly after exhale I could feel the effects of the dab kicking in, first hitting me behind the eyes before radiating into my body. While I found the strain and extract to be fairly mild, after a couple of dabs I was medicated and focused on my tasks at hand for the day.
I found the effects of the shatter to be primarily mental, with increased creativity and focus making up about 60% of the effects, with the remaining 40% consisting of body and muscle relaxation; a well-rounded mix for those seeking to deal with pain while still wanting to be able to go about their ordinary day without feeling the need to take a mid-afternoon nap.
Hidden Valley Reserve’s Rockstar Shatter seems like it would make a great medicine for patients looking to treat headaches, pain, depression, and sleep disorders. Moreover the powerful cerebral and mild full-body effects make it a reliable daytime medication for all MMAR/ MMPR/ACMPR users.