Article by Collingwood Today
On March 28, 2020, at approximately 9:00 p.m., a member of the Huronia West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a vehicle for speeding on Hwy 26, in the Town of Wasaga Beach. The officer found the driver to be operating the vehicle with a suspended driver’s licence and with cannabis readily available to him. The ensuing search found the driver to be in possession of a large quantity of cannabis, a small amount of suspected cocaine, several cellular phones, scales, a large amount of cash, and a knife.
Jakub Sudomericky, 21 years old, of Oakville, Ontario, was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Traffick in Schedule I substance – section 5(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling – section 10(2) of the Cannabis Act (CA)
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000 – section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose – section 88 of the CC
- Driving while under Criminal Code suspension – section 53(1.1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA)
- Speeding – section 128 of the HTA
The Accused was released and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Collingwood, Ontario, on June 9, 2020.