Article by James Murray, Net News Ledger
On May 10, 2019, members of the Provincial Joint Forces Cannabis Enforcement Team (PJFCET) of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) along with members of the North West Region Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau (OCEB) executed a search warrant at a local business identified as Winnipeg River Naturals located on Highway 17E in the City of Kenora, Ontario.
As a result of the warrant, police seized a number of Cannabis-based edibles and non-edibles, Cannabis Oils, Cannabis plants in various stages, computers, financial records and an undisclosed amount of cash. Police arrested and charged the business owner and one employee for offences under the Cannabis Act.
Jaye Lynn WESLEY, 48-years-old, from Kenora, Ontario was charged with:
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling, contrary to section 10(2) and
- Sale of Cannabis to an adult without authority contrary to section 10(1) (a).
Roderick ALLISON, 66-years-old, from Kenora, Ontario was charged with:
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling, contrary to section 10(2),
- Sale of Cannabis to an adult without authority contrary to section 10(1) (a);
- Cultivate, propagate or harvest more than four cannabis plants contrary to section 12(4) (b).
Both accused were released on an Appearance Notice and are scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice, in Kenora on May 16, 2019.