Article by Tim Durkin, Quinte News
Members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) have seized nearly 4,600 cannabis plants in North Marysburgh Ward in Prince Edward County.
CSCU officers, along with members of the Prince Edward County OPP Detachment and OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) executed multiple warrants on September 14, 2020 at three locations on County Road 8.
Investigators discovered a cannabis resin extraction lab at one location.
Investigators seized nearly 4,600 cannabis plants, a variety of power tools, a shot gun, approximately $10,000 in Canadian currency and a variety of equipment used for the production of cannabis.
In addition, a large quantity of processed cannabis was seized. Seventeen people were arrested in the area.
The following individuals were arrested and charged with Cultivate, propagate or harvest more than four cannabis plants, Possession of proceeds obtained by crime:
· Yun Ying CAO, age 64 from Scarborough ON
· Wei CHEN, age 41, from Markham ON
· Juan MAY-MAY, age 32, no fixed address
· Juan PEREZ XILOJ, age 43 from Leamington
· Hong Qin CAO, age 60 from Markham
· Jing Teng CAO, age 38 from Markham
· Peng Hong CAO, age 34 from Markham
· Yi Qin CAO, age 62, no fixed address
· Yu CAO, age 33, no fixed address
· Lin Fong JIN, age 63, no fixed address
· Xiu Ying LIN, age 60, no fixed address
· Xiu Ling QIU, age 55, no fixed address
· Li Zhen ZHANG, age 64, no fixed address
· Juan GUZMAN-VELASCO, age 34, no fixed address