Article by Sudbury.com
A 60-year-old man was charged after an early morning traffic stop in Sturgeon Falls on Aug. 31.
At around 3:15 a.m. on Aug. 31, members from the Nipissing West Detachment of the OPP were on general patrol in the Municipality of West Nipissing (Sturgeon Falls).
Officers stopped an e-bike on Arthur Street as it did not have a red light at the rear.
While speaking with the driver, officers concluded alcohol had been consumed and he was subsequently arrested. As a result of further investigation, officers seized a small amount of drugs, suspected to be Cannabis and Methamphetamine.
As a result, a 60-year-old man from from Sturgeon Falls was charged with:
- Operation While Impaired – Alcohol and Drugs
- Operation While Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration (80 Plus)
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance – Methamphetamine
- Drive Vehicle with Cannabis Readily Available
- No Red Light on Rear of Object
The accused was released on an appearance notice and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on Nov. 5 in Sturgeon Falls.