Article by Anthony Urciuoli, inHalton
The City of Burlington submitted an application for an eighth cannabis retail store, to be located at 860 Appleby Line.
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) received the application and the decision is now up for public comment.
“These latest locations all conform to our City’s guidelines and are in locations where we want cannabis stores to exist,” aid Mayor Marianne Meed Ward.
Currently, there are seven licensed cannabis retail stores in Burlington, including two approved since the ACGO moved to an open licensing system for cannabis retail store applications earlier this year.
The seven stores include:
- Relm Cannabis Co. (4031 Fairview St. Suite 103)
- Corner Cannabis (3007 New St.)
- The Hunny Pot Cannabis Co. (1505 Guelph Line, Unit 3-4)
- Friendly Stranger Plains Road (1025 and 1059 Plains Rd. E., Unit 3)
- Pioneer Cannabis Co. (1200 Brant St., Unit B-004)
- mini (3500 Dundas St., Unit A1B)
- Canna Cabana Burlington (2400 Guelph Line, Unit 2)
“Cannabis is still a new venture in our city and we were one of the first municipalities to embrace this new form of business,” added Meed Ward. “Having these stores in spots that meet our local guidelines ensures safe access to a legal substance to those who are legally allowed to purchase it.”