Article by CBC News
Ottawa police have laid charges following the robberies of several marijuana dispensaries earlier this fall.
Seven robberies have occurred at dispensaries so far this year, police said in a media release issued Friday.
- Nov. 16: A dispensary was robbed on Antares Drive.
- Nov. 11: Two men robbed the Sylk Medy dispensary on Gladstone Avenue.
- Nov. 5: Three men with a gun robbed a dispensary on Iber Road while a fourth suspect waited outside.
- Oct. 27: Four men with one handgun robbed a dispensary on Bank Street in South Keys.
- Oct. 26: Three men with a handgun robbed the Ottawa Cannabis Dispensary on Laperriere Avenue.
- Oct. 23: Two men — one carrying a gun and the other a knife — robbed CannaGreen on St. Joseph Boulevard.
- Sept. 6: Two men with a gun assaulted a worker during a robbery at WeeMedical Dispensary on Rideau Street.
Four men — two 23-year-olds from Ottawa and Gatineau, a 22-year-old from Vars, Ont., and a 25-year-old from Ottawa — are facing charges in connection to three of the seven robberies, the incidents on Nov. 5, 11, and 16.
The men were expected to appear in court on Friday. The charges against them include disguise with intent, possession of property obtained by crime, robbery with a firearm and conspiracy to commit and indictable offence.