Article by Anthony Urciuoli, inhalton
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) received an application for a tenth cannabis retail store in Burlington called Nova Cannabis.
The proposed location at 2485 Appleby Line Unit G1 is up for public comment.
Written comments about the proposed location will be received by the AGCO until June 18 and can be submitted online at www.agco.ca/iAGCO. The AGCO will accept submissions from:
- A resident of the municipality in which the proposed store is located
- The municipality representing the area in which the proposed store is located and/or its upper-tier municipality.
Comments submitted to the AGCO should relate to the following matters of public interest:
- Protecting public health and safety
- Protecting youth and restricting their access to cannabis
- Preventing illicit activities in relation to cannabis
After June 18, the AGCO will consider all written comments and available information to decide whether the application for the proposed store location will be approved.
Currently, there are eight licensed cannabis retail stores in Burlington, including three approved since the ACGO moved to an open licensing system for cannabis retail store applications earlier this year.
The eight stores include:
- Relm Cannabis Co. (4031 Fairview St. Suite 103)
- Corner Cannabis (3007 New St.)
- The Hunny Pot Cannabis Co. (1505 Guelph Line, Unit 3-4)
- Friendly Stranger Plains Road (1025 and 1059 Plains Rd. E., Unit 3)
- Pioneer Cannabis Co. (1200 Brant St., Unit B-004)
- mini (3500 Dundas St., Unit A1B)
- Canna Cabana Burlington (2400 Guelph Line, Unit 2)
- Welcome Cannabis (1401 Plains Rd., Unit 5)