Article by Due North Cannabis Company
Company: Due North Cannabis Co.Job Type: Permanent Part TimeSalary Range: $17.00 – $19.00 per hourPosting Closes: May 12, 2021Start Date: To be determined
Compensation: $17-$19.00 per hour
Job Types: Part-time and Full-time opportunities
• 8 to10-hour shifts
• Monday to Sunday
Start date: To Be Determined
Due North Cannabis Co. is a newly licensed cannabis retail business based in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario with 4 locations opening across Ontario in 2021. With a goal of offering exceptional service and competitive pricing, Due North Cannabis Co. aims to capture a significant portion of the retail cannabis sales in the communities where it operates. Owned by experienced cannabis entrepreneurs and longtime residents of the areas where it operates, the company plans to be a positive part of, and play an active role in the towns and cities which it calls home. Employees of Due North Cannabis Co. will enjoy a positive and productive atmosphere where continuing industry specific education and research is encouraged, competitive wages are paid and providing the best customer service is our number one priority.
Due North Cannabis Co. is hiring knowledgeable and experienced Budtenders to assist customers in selecting suitable cannabis products. The responsibilities include greeting and welcoming customers, engaging in self-directed and company directed cannabis education, informing the manager of customer complaints and operational issues. Budtenders must be able to answer customers’ questions regarding the different cultivars of cannabis, and methods of consumption.
Applicants must be aware of the latest developments in cannabis laws to maintain legal compliance and demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills by ensuring that customers are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases.
• Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different cultivars of cannabis.
• Knowledgeable of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends.
• Processing customers’ payments using the dispensary’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
• Ensuring that the retail outlet is always clean and well-organized.
• Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
• Correctly picking and packing orders using a 5-step verification system
• Checking customers’ identification documents to verify that they are of legal age.
• Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
• Making a positive first impression – smiles, makes eye contact, keeps a positive tone
• Demonstrates guest service as their number one priority
• Suggests products and accessories appropriately
• Resolves guest concerns and complaints in a friendly manner
• Is guest oriented and focused on creating the best customer experience possible
• Follows cash procedures and all company policies
• Excellent knowledge of cannabis, accessories, and regulations
• Must have CannSell Standard Certificate
• Retail Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 19 years of age
• Clean police background check
• Sound knowledge of cannabis cultivars, cannabis products and their uses.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be flexible with hours of work
• Must be a team player