Article by Lance Anderson, Northumberland News
A recent vehicle stop conducted by a member of the Northumberland OPP has led to an individual from Brampton facing a multitude of charges.
On Sunday, June 14, shortly after 5:30 p.m., a black Audi SUV was stopped for a Highway Traffic Act violation on County Road 45 at Lean Road, just south of Alderville.
As a result of that traffic stop, police allegedly seized approximately $25,000 cash and nearly 20 pounds of cannabis.
Kabilan Anura, 24, of Brampton, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
- Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available
- Possession of illicit cannabis
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling
- Possession of over 30g dried cannabis in a public place
- Possess, produce, sell distribute or import anything with intention to use it to produce, sell or distribute illicit cannabis
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Possession for the purpose of distributing