Article by Tracy Curley, Twelve High Chicks
In a previous blog post I explained how to infuse butter and oils. Now here is your chance to make a classic recipe just a little bit better: cannabis-infused banana bread.
I often buy a bunch of bananas and don’t always manage to eat them all before they begin to turn black. When that happens I just throw them, still in the peel, into the “banana container” in my freezer. When I’m ready I just take out 3-4 frozen bananas and thaw them.
This recipe has always been a favorite of mine. Not only do I love the potassium rich bananas combined with cannabutter, but this recipe can be modified in a number of different ways to make it your very own.
Makes approximately 12 (1g) servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cannabutter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 – 3 overripe bananas (approx 2 ⅓ cups), mashed
- 2 mixing bowls (1 large)
- mixing utensils
- 9” x 5” loaf pan
- Cooling rack
- Toothpicks (to test for doneness)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in beaten eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Add banana mixture into flour mixture, stirring enough just to moisten. Do not over-mix!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 75 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.