Article by Rose, Cannabis Life Network
Stuck indoors? Covid restrictions got you down? Do you just want to lay low this 4/20? Have no fear—we’ve got you covered. Here are some ideas so you can celebrate 4/20 from the comfort of your home.
Bake some weed brownies
Baking weed brownies will always be the most popular go-to activity when you want to kick back at home, relax, and munch out. They’re easy to make, plus they always taste good. If you have roommates or you live with a partner, make sure you include them in the baking and taste testing. Here are a couple of tips for preparing weed brownies:
- Prepare your cannabutter in advance so you can save a few hours’ cooking time.
- Use cocoa powder and chocolate chips for an extra gooey, chocolatey brownie.
- Freeze your brownies once done to make them last longer (unless you intend on eating the entire batch in one sitting).
- Spice up your brownies by adding coconut, mint, raspberry, or other toppings to add some extra flavour.
- Give the gift of weed brownies and indulge your loved ones with your brownies.
Watch a 4/20 live streaming concert
These days, streaming concerts are a huge hit. This year on 4/20, there will be a bunch of streaming shows you can virtually check out from wherever you are.
You won’t want to miss these! Here are a few 4/20 shows you can catch this year:
- For $20, you can celebrate with legendary hip hop group Cypress Hill, live from the Roxy Theatre (1). The band will be performing some of their greatest hits—plus they have a few special surprises up their sleeve.
- Don’t have cash to spare? No worries. Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, an American funk jam band, will be playing a “420 Harvest Party” for free on Twitch (2).
- Reggae band Chalwa will be playing a 420 tribute show for Bunny Wailer (3). Bunny Wailer was one of the original members of reggae group The Wailers, alongside Bob Marley. Bunny passed away on March 2, 2021. You won’t want to miss Chalwa’s unique strain of Appalachian Mountain Reggae and Earthly meditations inspired by the Divine.
- Want to see a tribute band that is not quite a tribute band? Check out Grateful Shred’s ‘Shred 420’ livestream. (4)
- And of course, there will be another tribute to the Grateful Dead: this time it’s hosted by the Relix Channel, with DJead Night (5). This livestream has a lot of lineups!
Watch a popular stoner movie
This is the perfect time of the year to cozy up, smoke a joint, and watch a movie—or two. If you want to watch some stoner movies, check out the classics like Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke (1978), Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle (2004) (or really the entire Harold & Kumar series), and Half Baked (1998).
If you’re looking for something more cerebral, I recommend watching some nature documentaries like Planet Earth. There’s no better way to appreciate where you live than by watching the world’s most fascinating creatures. If you’re searching for an animated flick, check out Paprika (2006).
It is a delight for your senses. Paprika is often described as an anime that is ‘best watched when you’re high’. The visuals, the soundtrack, the themes—all of it will surely captivate you.
Have a virtual hang with friends
Not sick of Zoom yet? If not, why not celebrate virtually with friends? Schedule a virtual toke session with your friends. If you prepare in advance, you could even taste test some new strains together. It’s a good way to keep that connection, and create new experiences.
A few tips for your virtual smoke session:
- Schedule your session ahead of time so everyone is on the same page (and time zone).
- Test your webcam and mic in advance! There’s no bigger bummer than finding out you have tech issues.
- Play an online game together, or have a Netflix viewing party.