Article by Bambang Sadewo, Inside Halton
One or more cannabis stores could be coming to town.
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), a provincial agency that is responsible for regulating recreational cannabis stores, has received four applications for retail cannabis stores in Milton — all on Main Street.
The four proposed stores are:
• Dreamin in Burlington Inc. at 238 Main St. E. (application number 942802)
• Pioneer Cannabis Co. at 355 Main St. E. (application number 946771)
• Cannaco — The Cannabis Company at 547 Main St. E. Unit 16
• Camp Cannabis at 251 Main St. E. Unit 2
The applications are currently “in progress,” which indicates that the reviewing process is underway. According to its website, the AGCO is currently accepting public comments for at least two of the stores (Dreamin and Pioneer) until June 24, 2020.
The written submission should relate to the following area of public interest:
• Protecting public health and safety.