Article by Julia Veintrop, Cannabis Life Network
Self-sabotage is hard to avoid, especially if you’re a stoner. Considering how potent the weed is these days, its pretty understandable. Some stoners can only get baked after completing all of their tasks, while others need to get baked to function in the first place. One thing that is certain, a pot smoker’s productivity level is as individual as their preference. Still, today’s pot smoker must remain ever vigilant, getting creative to get ‘er done. With that in mind, here are some tips and tricks for stoners to save them time and energy.
Prep your stoner bug-out bag
Keep a separate bag of your bud and supplies, ready to go at all times. If cannabis is the medicine you depend on, this is essential. For everyone else, being prepared means having fewer issues. At the best of times, a packed supply will help avoid stress; at the worst, it may prove to be invaluable. But for the day to day, carry an extra stock of weed accessories in your wallet:
-For those times with no fire, keep a pack of matches in your zipped up change pocket.
-Store a few loose rolling papers pressed between your plastic cards.
Pre-roll your joints
It’s all about seizing the moment and rolling joints ahead of time helps make that possible. Life can surprise us and we need to be ready. When you suddenly notice there’s a beautiful sunset, it’s nice to be able to run outside and enjoy it with a pre-rolled joint.
The tips and tricks for stoners to identify their strains and keep the joints fresh-
- To help you remember what bud you rolled up, roll your Sativa and CBD joints using papers made with light-coloured fibres, such as rice paper. Roll your Indica and hybrid joints using papers made with darker coloured fibres, such as hemp.
- Store pre-rolled joints in mason jars in order to keep them fresh!
Your time is precious and it’s worth spending building relationships with those you love. But, if bonding is getting in the way of your success, think of some phrases that you can say to assert your boundaries in a positive way. Doing this ahead of time will take the emotions out of the moments when it pops up. Remember, your true friends and family want to see you live your best life, not get in the way of it. It’s up to us to teach others how to treat us and choosing your words ahead of time is being considerate.
Here are some polite and simples sentences you can say to deflect your stoner buddies:
- “I’m in the middle of something that I need to finish. But, I’ll gladly smoke a joint with you as soon as I am done.”
- “I want to be able to get as stoned as possible so I got to finish my list. How about we plan to have a session in a couple of hours?”
- “Thanks but no dude. I am baked enough already.”
- “Dude, I’m sorry to stop you and I want to hear this story, but I have to get back to…”
Stoners take advantage of technology
These days the world has gotten so advanced and nobody can benefit quite like a pot smoker.