Article by Julia Veintrop, Cannabis Life Network
In the cannabis community, we’re all pretty crafty don’t you think? From coming up with revolutionary snack combos when you’ve got the munchies to making apple bongs…we’ve all done those creative ‘stoner-starter-pack‘ things. Well, it’s time to get in touch with that fun side of you again. Check out this article and level up with super simple stoner hacks that you can try at home.
Spice up your edibles
With so much time at home, a lot of us are spending it by getting as baked as possible. A noble endeavour for any stoner but after a while, it gets pretty monotonous. After all, there are only so many options available these days. Nothing reminds you of that like eating the same cookie each day. If you can’t switch it up, mix it up instead. Think of your edibles as an ingredient, not a feature. Some of the stoner hacks with edibles are:
- Crumble baked edibles into yogurt
- Use cannabis cookies to make your own ice cream sandwiches
- Mix cannabis edibles into smoothies, especially if you struggle with the taste of them
Note – Avoid reheating an already made edible. The last thing you want to do is overcook it and burn off THC.
Freeze capsules and cut them up
If you have an oil-based capsule with too high a dose and you want to split it up, use this trick:
- Freeze the capsule for several hours or until it’s frozen solid
- When you want to take a dose, Use a sharp knife to cut the capsule up into two or three pieces
- Place the remaining frozen piece or pieces on separate spoons
- Cover the spoon with a plastic bag and rest it on a plate or place it in a Tupperware container and cover it with a lid
- Put the covered spoons and capsule pieces back into the freezer
Put colloidal silver in your bong
Colloidal silver is a suspension of silver particles in a liquid. It has been hailed for its antimicrobial, antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties yet is mild, gentle, odourless, and tasteless. Safe enough to use in a newborn baby’s eyes yet strong enough to attack the HIV virus, colloidal silver is versatile and effective. A cheap option you can find at the health food store, it can be added to bong water and used to disinfect surfaces, tools, hands, and mouths.
Dab with an ash bed
It has happened to us all; you have plenty of delicious dabs but nothing to smoke it with. Breaking your last banger, running out of butane, or an e-nail malfunction, there are so many ways that dabbing can go sideways. If that ever happens, remember this method for smoking hash oil, using an ash bed.