Article by Dylan Klimchuk and Cody Lindsay
It’s Monday and that means another delicious recipe to start your week! You’re going to learn how to make cannabis-infused Nanaimo bars. Before we get into it, you’ll need some cannabis butter. You can either purchase some or make your own! If you don’t know how to make cannabis butter, refer to our post here.
As you may know, Nanaimo bars are made of a few different layers. So for the sake of simplicity, we’ll break down the ingredients for each layer separately.
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make Some Delicious Cannabis-Infused Nanaimo Bars:
Base Layer Ingredients Needed to Make Cannabis-Infused Nanaimo Bars:
- 125 ml Cannabis Butter, Unsalted
- 60 ml Sugar
- 75 ml Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 300 ml Graham Crumbs
- 125 ml Almonds, Finely Chopped
- 250 ml Coconut, Shredded
Ingredients for it’s Custard Layer:
- 125 ml Butter, Unsalted
- 60 ml Heavy Cream
- 30 ml Vanilla Custard Powder
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar
Third Layer Elements:
- 4 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 30ml Butter, Unsalted
Directions to Make the Cannabis-Infused Nanaimo Bars:
Recipe to Prepare the Base Layer of Cannabis-Infused Nanaimo Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the cannabis butter slowly in a double boiler or microwave, and set it aside.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted butter on top and mix until well incorporated.
- Press mixture into an 8″ by 8″ pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and allow to fully cool.