Article by Tracy Curley, Twelve High Chicks
The cannabis-infused chocolate brownie — Special Brownies — is the most well-known edible on the planet. And while there are many variations of this classic stoner treat, this recipe is my favourite. It’s also dairy free, with optional substitutions to make it vegan too!
I’m not sure why, but brownies were one of the last things I actually developed an infused recipe for, maybe because they’re so popular I thought of them as overdone. But since I started making my own, they have been one of my most requested edibles.
The Infamous Special Brownies
Makes 24 brownies
- 1 cup infused cooking cannaoil
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 mixing bowls and utensils
- 1 9” x 13” greased baking pan (or 2 All Edges/individual brownie pans)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Beat together oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, stir until completely combined.